I got a crazy idea to paint the playroom
So after searching for ideas
I finally came up with a plan.....
I
We set up a supplies table in the hall
and then began.
1st...paint the walls....and ceiling
(I started then, gratefully, Steve took over)
While he was painting blue....
I started painting green....
This was all my paints....I covered each little
cup filled with different colors of paint with
another, slightly larger cup and
the paint stayed good for several days
it was a good system!
After the "Sky" and "Grass" was dry
I began working on the
Circus Tent
I made a window valance to match the
circus tent canopy.
Next was the task of outlining....
it was just like a giant coloring book!
Then I started painting....
and painting....
and painting....
(this is why every time any of you called I
was always "painting")
and painting....
and painting...
The walls began to come alive and that motivated
me to keep right on painting
The last, finishing touch was hanging pictures
of all the grand kids
(and a few "surprise" pictures)
Then, after 10 days....it was done!!!
The Circus Tent....
The Train, Dinosaur and the "Boys" Balloons
The "Playroom Express" is filled with Monkeys
and other animals
This smiling Sunshine helps
brighten up the room
The "Girls" Balloons floating high above
the garden fence and kitty
High up on his perch sits this little owl.
(He will keep an eye on the kids)
and last, but not least,
the newly painted night stand
I have never done anything like this before.
It was a big undertaking....but I had fun,
and I hope the grand kids will like it!
and one last note...
Thank you Steve for supporting me when I come up
with these crazy ideas....no matter what,
you always pitch in and help me get the job done.
So cute!! What a great job! I can't wait to see it, hopefully it won't be too long before I can get over there.
ReplyDeletesoooooooo cute! I should do something creative & original in our playroom, but.....maybe someday. It looks wonderful! - great job
ReplyDeletethat is so darling! I know the boys will love it! that is a lot of work good for you guys!
ReplyDelete