Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Monday Monday .... So good to me ..... la la la

Remembering the singing group
 "The MaMa's and the PaPa's" and their hit song 
Monday Monday.

We started out our Monday by
 picking Strawberries.


These are the first of the season and don't they
look delicious!

Then Steve fed a little poison dessert to..... 

our gopher.....ugh!

Next we went shopping.
Steve and I have been trying to loose a few pounds
by eating better, and exercising.

I have lost twenty pounds and needed a
new pair of dress slacks to wear when we travel.


I found this outfit at Kohl's and got a good deal on it.

Later this afternoon I went to the Chiropractor
because my neck has been bothering me.


We had just started my appointment when all the 
power went out.

A storm had blown in (as was forecast) with
wind gusts up to 60 MPH.

The temperature went from nearly 90 degrees
down into the 60's in just a few minutes.


These are the trees in our backyard....


and our front yard.....


and this is the tree in our friends backyard.
They had two of these trees and both of them were uprooted.

There were (and still are) thousands of homes without power
and lots of yards that looked like this.

The Storm has passed now, although it may still be
raining a little bit, but it will be much cooler
for the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment