Linda was scheduled to have her second ear
surgery on Thursday, September 26th.
Sienna's birthday would be while we were in Utah
so we took her birthday gifts to her the
day before we left.
Sienna LOVES the Lalaloopsy dolls so....
Lalaloopsy it was!
a backpack with snack bag...
and two mini Lalaloopsy dolls complete
with sisters and pets
If you can't tell by the smile on her face...
she was one happy little girl.
On Wednesday morning,the 25th, we left for
the University of Utah in Salt Lake.
The weather was rainy until we got to the Burley
area where it started breaking up a bit.
when we crossed over the border into Utah
this was the first sign we saw...
yes, Utah had just raised it's max. speed limit
from 75 to 80 mph.
With the new speed limit pushing us along
we arrived about a half an hour early for my 3:30 p.m.
hearing test and they were able to get me right in.
My post op appointment with the doctor was
to follow at 4:00 and he was also able to
get me right in.
I was done with both appointments by 4:08....
(that must be some kind of record)
The hearing test showed no difference in my hearing
since my first surgery and the doctor said my
Left ear was now completely healed.
Tomorrow would be the surgery on my Right ear.
My check-in time was 8:30 a.m. for a 9:30 surgery.
after checking in I was sent to registration....
ID, Insurance verification and papers to sign....
here we go again in the stylish blue gown....waiting....
and waiting.....More papers to sign....
and waiting....getting properly labeled with the latest
fashionable wristband....
and waiting.....a visit from the anesthesiologist...
who very gently inserted an IV....
by now it was well after noon....the doctor's first surgery
on a little boy took longer than anticipated.
Steve said my surgery didn't start until 12:45 and
took an hour and fifteen minutes.
(exactly the same as last time)
I spent the next couple of hours in recovery before
they took me to my post op room where
Steve was waiting for me.
(I have to say the next few candid pictures
Steve took are not very flattering)
hmmm....I thought I was pretty wide awake but
this candid shot would lead you to believe
I was NOT!
recovering with the typically seen ice chips and
water cups with flex straws on the bedside table.
(at least now I have my glasses back and I can see)
all dressed and.....ready to go home????
The doctor said the surgery went perfectly and
we should expect another good
outcome.
I will return on October 7th for
the first of two post op appointments and to have
the packing removed.....can't wait!
We,d like to say thank you for all the prayers
offered once again in Linda's behalf.
Also to Kevin & Lani and her parents for
letting us "invade" their home yet again. They are
always soooo kind and gracious.
We will drive back home to Star tomorrow, Saturday the 28th.


No comments:
Post a Comment