A couple of weeks ago we jumped on a plane
and headed to Texas.
We kept busy with the kids and
doing other little "projects" with Trudi.
Here we are getting ready to go on a walk
in the 100+ weather
It was a short walk to the park & playground
Both Charlotte and Wyatt had fun on the swings
with Trudi and Steve braving the heat
as "pushers"
all the other equipment was too hot to go on...
so sad.
Cora and I stayed in the shade!
Cora is now 4 months old and getting
pretty good at sitting up in the
high chair....with a little help from a blanket or two.
she has also found her thumb!
One day we drove down to San Antonio to visit family.
Rod is the "B.B.Q Dad"
advertised on the front of their house
We had lunch and dinner while at Pam's
It was fun to also see Greg and Ruthie
We visited Kristy and Josh and had a chance to
see their beautifully decorated apartment....
nice job Kristy!
Wyatt and Tanner spent some
"Cousin" time together.
and Charlotte joined them when the
cartoons came on the TV
One of the things on Trudi's "To Do" list
was getting window treatments up....
so we decided to work on that project.
These curtains had to be shortened and rods
installed. Then I was able to make
tie-backs out of the material I cut off.
We went shopping at Anna's Linen's
and found curtains for the kitchen/eating area
and these for the living room
side window and....
front window.
Trudi wanted valances for the family room but
we couldn't find any so I said....
"Why don't we just make some"
We were leaving the next day, but how long could
making a valance take?
We bought the material and I began sewing.
Wyatt wanted to sew too and kept on
asking me to help him and fix stuff for him so
I finally decided it would be easier to
stop my work on the curtains and help him with a project.
We decided on making a pillow with some of the
extra curtain material.
He loved making this cute pillow for
Charlotte's dolls and was very
proud of his handy-work!
I got the hem done and was just about ready to
sew the pocket for the curtain rod when I realized
the kind of rods Trudi had would not
allow this kind of valance.
So I went to plan "B"....we needed loops!
I went to Walmart and bought some ribbon to use as loops.
It took over 100 loops for the two windows.
I did the small window first then this one for the
larger window.....notice the 70 loops are pinned on the wrong
side of the fabric? problem is they should be
on the other side....YES, I had to take them all off and re-pin
them on the right side of the fabric.....
it was getting late....very late!
but by 1:00 a.m. I was done. Steve stayed up with me
and helped me get it on the rod.
The smaller window on the left still needs to have the
rod put up but we couldn't find the brackets.
That will have to be a project for George..
We got to bed and the next day we left for home.
We got to Houston just fine but
it didn't look like there was any way we were going
to get out of Houston....everything was overbooked
and the standby list kept getting longer and
longer....30....45....60 people on the list.
Finally, late that night we got on a flight to Denver
where we had to spend the night.
With a whopping 4 hours of sleep we caught the shuttle
back to the airport and started our quest
to find a flight to take us home.
There was one seat on the first flight of the day so Steve
told me to take it and he'd wait for the next flight.
So off I went and Steve would wait the two hours
until the next flight.
To make a long story short, Debbi had a flight into Denver
with a two hour layover....Steve found her, much to her
surprise....they spent a couple of hours together....
and both got on their flights.
Both of us were finally home.....yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment